Root canal pain is the pain you experience after having a root canal done at the dentists office. Basically a root canal is the removal of bacteria and the root of the tooth. The hollowed out tooth is then filled in to prevent further bacteria from entering the tooth and further decay damage. Modern dentistry techniques tend to minimize any pain that would be associated with a root canal procedure. Though it doesn’t occur in all root canals, it does occur. So what can you do when you are one of the unfortunate individuals to experience this pain?
1. Take an over the counter pain reliever such as ibuprofen. This will help relieve the swelling and pain you may be experiencing from the dentistry. Ibuprofen is regularly used as an anti-inflammatory and is available in most drug stores.
2. If your pain is very severe, ask your dentist for a prescription pain-killer. Asa precaution many dentists will give you the prescription in case the pain becomes too much to handle. ( This avoids having to go to the doctors office or returning to the dentist.)
3. Try a numbing gel like Oragel. This is the type of stuff you use when little kids are cutting teeth. It numbs the area, makes you drool rather badly but can defiantly help with the pain. Ensure you don’t use too much because excessive swallowing of the gel can cause you to stop breathing due to relaxed throat muscles.
4. The good old ice pack. As soon as you arrive home from the dentist apply an ice pack to the affected area. This works bot to numb the area and to reduce swelling that may result from the root canal.
5. Stick to a soft food or even liquid diet. You don’t want to be eating any hard food products with your irritated teeth and gums. Sticking to liquid will provide you nourishment with minimal pain. Plus if it is something cold it will help to relieve some of the swelling as well.
You can easily relieve root canal pain with some regular everyday techniques. If you are one of the unlucky few to suffer from root canal pain, take comfort in knowing ways to relieve your pain. If your pain becomes very severe or does not clear up within a few days contact your dentist as some bacteria may still be present within the affected tooth. And although it would be unpleasant to have to endure another root canal, it is a better alternative to severe infection and sickness.
Trust me i’ve been through the most severe toothaches that you will ever imagine. Both you and I know that toothache pains can be some of the most gut wrenching consistent throbbing pains and you will ever have to endure throughout your lifetime . Thank god there are natural remedies out there to compensate for the dentist, cure your pain and not put a dent in your pocket book.
Find Other related offers here:
Hamilton Beach 33467 Programmable Stay or Go Slow Cooker, 6-Quart
Buy phentermine fast shipping
Buy adipex without doctor prescription
Related Pain Killer Articles