Uncontrolled contraction of muscles can result into muscle spasms and cramps. There are certain factors which can cause muscle spasms such as dehydration, muscle fatigue, rigorous exercises, electrolyte imbalances, acid reflux, seizures, stress, poor diet, childbirth, hormonal imbalances, nerve abnormalities, certain medications, nerve disease and unusual exercise. Some of the common symptoms of muscle spasms include tenderness of muscle, severe pain and inability of move the affected part.
There are several home remedies for muscle cramps, pain which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for muscle spasms, cramps, pain which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the simplest remedies for muscle spasms, cramps, pain is to use ice. Take a clean towel and put some ice cubes in it. Wrap this towel and use as a cold compress on the affected region of your body. This home remedy will reduce inflammation and will numb your muscle. This will later give you relief from the pain.
2. One of the best preventive measures to avoid muscle spasm is to drink lots of water or fluids while doing your exercises. This will prevent dehydration which is one of the major factors for this problem.
3. Hot water bath is also very effective in treating this problem. It increases the blood circulation in body and helps in giving relief from the symptoms of this ailment.
4. Consume foods rich in potassium such as banana and potatoes on daily basis. Deficiency of potassium in body can cause spasms.
5. Take one cup of extra virgin oil. Now add cramp bark tincture (one ounce), willow bark tincture (quarter ounce) and lobelia tincture (half ounce) in it. Mix them well and store in a container. You can use this mixture to massage affected area on regular basis to get relief from spasms or cramps.
6. You can do certain stretching exercises to make your muscles flexible and loose.
7. Celery seeds are also very beneficial in treating this problem. Consuming celery seeds will reduce the pain and will relax your muscles. This is a very effective natural remedy.
8. Give your painful muscle complete rest. Do not indulge into any action which can cause pressure on the affected region.
9. Heat can cause muscle cramps and spasms. Therefore try to avoid over exposure to heat. You can consume milk on regular basis as it is a rich source of calcium and will prevent further chances of muscle spasms or cramps.
10. Yoga is considered to be one of the best home remedies for muscle spasms, cramps, pain. Daily practice of yoga along with meditation or breathing exercises will improve blood circulation in your body and will help in relaxing your mind. Yoga will provide strength to your muscles.
The above mentioned home remedies for muscle spasms, cramps, pain are some of the most convenient natural remedies. These home remedies are simple to use, cost-effective and safe.